You can incur a traffic violation for an assortment of reasons. Maybe you were running late to work one day and exceeded the speed limit, or a momentary lapse of judgment caused you to roll through a stop sign. Regardless of what spurred your infraction, a traffic violation can lead to significant consequences.
At The Law Office of Michael D. Cleaves, PLLC, our founding attorney assists clients in the Statesville, North Carolina, area as they face costly traffic violations. Even a minor traffic ticket can graduate to a serious matter, and the aid of a skilled criminal defense attorney is often a valuable asset.
A Comprehensive Offering Of Defense Services
Attorney Michael D. Cleaves recognizes the danger that a traffic violation can pose. Aside from heightened insurance premiums and expensive fines, you could be at risk of losing your driver’s license, or worse, your freedom.
Our law firm can provide you with experienced criminal defense services for a multitude of traffic violations, including:
- Speeding tickets — Failure to obey the speed limit can result in points on your driving record or a suspended driver’s license.
- Driving without a valid driver’s license — This offense can merit a fine of up to $2,500.
- Reckless driving — In certain circumstances, a reckless driving conviction can lead to jail time.
- Driving without insurance — In the state of North Carolina, drivers must carry a minimum amount of liability insurance.
- Driving while impaired ( DWI) — Even a first offense for DWI can feature jail time.
- Leaving the scene of an accident — When serious bodily harm results, hit-and-run offenses are met with felony charges.
While a traffic violation can be a daunting, stress-inducing ordeal, a seasoned criminal defense lawyer can offer helpful guidance. At our firm, we take the time to thoroughly assess our clients’ cases so that we can devise the best possible legal strategy going forward.
Start Protecting Your Rights — Call Us Today
We are ready to start advocating on your behalf. To arrange for a free initial consultation with Mr. Cleaves, please call us toll-free at 888-397-7618. For your convenience, our firm is also available via email.