Tough Defense For Violent Crime Cases
Even the mere accusation of a violent crime can jeopardize your future. When you are faced with allegations of violence, it is essential to have an experienced defense lawyer fighting for you.
That lawyer is Michael D. Cleaves. Mr. Cleaves has over 15 years of experience representing clients in the greater Statesville area against charges of violent crimes. He recognizes the seriousness of these cases and provides you with knowledgeable legal representation to navigate through the justice system. You do not have to surrender to these charges with The Law Office of Michael D. Cleaves, PLLC, working with you and fighting for you to protect your rights.
Las acusaciones de violencia son muy graves. Tiene que contactar a un abogado con la experiencia para defender sus derechos.
Committed Representation Against These Serious Charges
Violent crimes range from low-level misdemeanors to serious felonies. Violent crimes attorney Michael D. Cleaves provides you with a strong defense against allegations of:
- Sexual assault
- Simple assault
- Domestic violence (Assault on a female)
- Assault by pointing a gun
- Going armed to the terror of the people
- Assault with a deadly weapon
In North Carolina, the main factors considered to determine the degree of these charges include:
- Intent — Often, the state of mind, or the intent to cause harm or not, is one of the most important factors to determine in these cases.
- Use of a weapon — The charge or penalties can change specifically depending on the use of a weapon and the type of weapon.
- Injuries caused — The injuries of the alleged victim also largely affect the charge, especially in sexual assault cases.
- Who was involved — There are specific statutes related to violent crimes against women, children and state employees, such as police officers. Accusations of violence against these groups of people elevate the degree of the charge.
Attorney Michael D. Cleaves understands how these factors can impact a case. However, regardless of the allegations included in the charges against you, Mr. Cleaves will fight to reduce or dismiss these charges.
He knows how prosecutors and judges think regarding these kinds of cases and knows how to negotiate with them to bring a favorable outcome for you. Mr. Cleaves fights for your rights, providing you with tailored representation. He takes the time to understand your situation so he can best defend you against these charges. If, at any point in the representation, you have any questions, he is always happy to talk to you.
Do Not Wait. Call Us To Safeguard Your Rights.
It is crucial to call a skilled attorney as soon as possible when you are facing charges of violence. Contact us online or call 888-397-7618 to arrange a free initial consultation at our Statesville office. Se habla español.